Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What's cooking?

I've just come off night shifts and I'm trying to keep myself awake. I try and sleep only for about 4 hours after my last night shift otherwise I spend all my days off sleeping and all my nights awake.

Taken from here

To avoid this frustrating situation, I set my alarm for 1pm (and then accidentally slept until 2:30pm), got up and went to the supermarket. I had a recipe in mind that I'd found on Pinterest which looked super easy and cheap! All I needed to buy was lemons, plain yoghurt and blueberries - all other ingredients are staples in most homes. 

Lemon Blueberry Bread - wonderliciously delicious!

It's more cake-esque than bread I think. It reminds me of a syrup cake and is seriously so easy, albeit a little messy, to make.

Click here for the recipe.

Laura's coming over tomorrow for coffee so I'll see if she approves. I'm a bit nervous since she is a baking queen!

Lola K xx


2 comments:

  1. mhmmm, this looks delicious and i am soo laughing about the 3am thing...awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it funny too! I got Laura's seal of approval (yay!) and after all that I was still awake at 5am :(

      Delete