My hair colour in the photos below is a dead giveaway that this hasn't been an overnight sort of project. I began all excited and enthusiastic for a DIY task I could do on my own... Then I realised just how much work was involved in sanding and painting all those stupid little rungs. I've been hating it ever since.
To be quite honest, I think if my Mum had let me I would have given up way back at the undercoat stage and baby would be sleeping in a sort of half sanded, streaky white cot. I tried to tell her that I'm sure baby wouldn't care but no luck, I was forced to continue. I battled on and finally finished last week (and by finish I mean "I'm not doing another bluddy coat on that thing so that'll just have to do"). Yay completion!
My biggest take away lesson from the project was that sadly I am not destined to ever be a tagger or graffiti artist. Actually I think I can safely rule out any sort of painting occupation.
Now I just have to wait 'til April when my niece arrives in the world to test drive it!