Monday, December 17, 2012

Music Monday

While I do like current music, I love music from the 60s, 70s and 80s! This is the stuff I was raised on and it makes me pretty much fizz with excitement whenever I hear it. One of the bands I grew up listening to is Fleetwood Mac. Together, they are responsible for some of the catchiest tunes and most beautiful lyrics ever tangled up in one song.
Lyrics like...
"Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night and wouldn't you love to love her..."
Rhiannon, 1975

"Like a heartbeat drives you mad/In the stillness of remembering what you had/and what you lost..."
Dreams, 1977

"Well I've been afraid of changing 'cause I've built my life around you/but times makes you bolder/children get older/I'm getting older too..."
Landslide, 1975

One of their catchiest songs, Don't Stop, has a powerful message which, in my line of work, I often find myself reminding people of. And sometimes, I have to remind myself of it too.

Don't stop thinking about tomorrow, guys. Yesterday's gone.

 
Lola K xx

No comments:

Post a Comment