Sunday, December 30, 2012

Looking back at 2012

What a year 2012 has been! I can't believe it's gone so fast.

Photo taken from here


It's been a year of steep learning curves and challenges...

It's been a year of having great ideas and not always following through, as is my way. Unfinished projects are generally scattered haphazardly in my wake, forgotten, or given up on. My 10 things didn't quite end up finished - I managed to get number 10 done, but I'll wait until fashion friday to post it. The trip to Somes Island and the soap/body lotion didn't happen due to weather issues, shift work and really freakin' slow Christmas couriers. Fear not! They will still happen...Just next year...

I feel like I've been working out who some of the people in my life really are this year, and if I want to continue giving my time to them. I've been trying to cut out drama in a big way, and as a result, some friendships have fizzled out.
As the saying goes, when one door closes another opens and I've made some amazing friends. People who make me laugh until I'm crying and who share their wisdom with me. I count myself lucky to have such joyful, insightful and wise friends.

It's been a year of weird premonitions, earning me the nickname "witch."

There's been a lot of loss in my life this year. Some sudden and unexpected, others slow and painful. The loss of my cat Sparkle hit me pretty hard. We had to have her put down after 20 years because she had severe renal failure, could hardly walk and was in a lot of pain. It was definitely the hardest decision I have ever made. I'd had her since I was 7 and she was my best friend in the whole world. We miss her sorely but are glad she doesn't hurt anymore.

Me and my Sparkle


I went to Sydney and saw Hanson in concert which made my life, and I also managed to get to the Homegrown festival and The Black Keys which were wicked fun.

The Black Keys doing an encore


I started a blog with my partner in crime, Laura...

I moved into a new flat and am planning to move again in a couple of months, in the quest to find the closest thing to the place of my dreams without having to actually buy.

I have so many ideas for 2013 but I don't believe in new year's resolutions. They're a bit much commitment and I normally forget what they were... I think life is more fun if you don't sit and plan everything anyway :)

Since I'm working New Years Day I'm not having a social night out. I'm planning a date with some DVDs, chippies and takeaways, and an early night.

Photo taken from here


Thanks so much for visiting our blog. Here's to an inspiring 2013!

Lola K xx

No comments:

Post a Comment