Sunday, December 30, 2012

A belated Christmas recap

Couldn't complain about the view from my bed on Christmas night!



In contrast to Lauren’s perfectly festive looking day Christmas was deliciously low key for me this year. The wedding and huge family BBQ 3 days before Santa’s appearance eclipsed if for us a bit so it was just a relaxing day with immediate family.

 I felt like I was going to melt from the heat in Welly in the morning so I was actually pleased to spend a couple hours in the air conditioned truck on the way up to Wangas. We then just lazed about in the cooling afternoon sun reading, talking, walking along the beach... it was good.

 We don’t really do presents, just one gift for each person in my extended family’s Secret Santa type thing. And we then had a hilariously elaborate Christmas dinner of ham sandwiches followed by pavlova with summer berries!

 The best bit of the day was when I realised it was the first time in 6 years that I had both my sisters with me at Christmas time!! Very special.


 Now we’re at the end of 2012! Yikes. Looking forward to seeing what the new year will bring...
Lola J 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment