Saturday, November 17, 2012

Behold my stained glass window!

The real thing
 
My amazing version...
You didn't actually think I'd make a real one did you??
 
 
I have this thing for pretty windows and have always wanted to have stained glass ones in my house. I was on Pinterest the other day and discovered that if you colour in wax paper with Sharpies or some other permanent marker, it has a similar pretty effect! Unfortunately, I have the attention span of a three year old (ant) and I'm fairly hopeless at the whole drawing thing, but I think if you're an artist, you could make these look amazing. And all on the cheap!
 
I made an experiment one using an old toilet paper roll to make circles
 
I think they would look a lot prettier and more vibrant if the sun was shining behind them but today there was no sun.
Thanks to Amy and Sophie for the fun idea! A good way to spend a rainy day.
 
So, number 8 on my list of 10 things: Make a stained glass window...Tick :)
 
Lola K xx
 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! And much better if you can actually draw, which I can't :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stained glass. I wish I was able to do that for myself. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete