Friday, November 9, 2012

A trip to the beach

Yesterday I went to a teeny little town called Paekakariki with my good friend Josie. It's only about a 20 minute drive out of the city and we'd been looking forward to it for a while! Unfortunately, the Wellington wind didn't cooperate and we decided it was definitely not beach babe weather. We were dying to try the little wood fired pizza place though, so along we went! Later on we went for a windswept walk along the beach and then got coffee and parked up in front of the pretty, pretty sea and talked about everything and nothing. I love hanging out with Josie - she's one of the most genuine and positive girls I know and I've been missing her lately because our days off never seem to coincide...
Here are a few photos from our little date.

 
My home girl, Josie!
 
 I get way too excited about pizza
 
 
This gelato changed my life. They had rocky road gelato too!
 
 
 
We made friends with this pretty kitty who we found had some
 abandonment issues when we tried to walk away
 
Later on, my mum and I went to see the film "Mental" which
was organised by my friend Steph to raise funds for an orphange in India
that she's going to work at for three months.
If this movie is on at a cinema near you, you should go along and see it,
it's hilarious but has a whole lot of wisdom between the lines.
 
 
 
Lola K xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment