Saturday, November 24, 2012

A beautiful life

"I can see clearly now the rain has gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind,
It's gonna be a bright,
bright, bright,
bright,
sun shiny day..."

Johnny Nash, "I can see Clearly Now," 1972

 
 
 
 
 
Even though I'm a rain girl, I was super appreciative of the weather on Thursday. Wellington can really turn it on! My friend Josie and I went to Eastbourne and lay on the beach where I devoured a mint chocolate nougat gelato milkshake (!) and slapped on SPF 50+ sunblock to avoid getting fried by the harsh NZ sun. Beforehand, we'd gone out for lunch to an amazing little place called Kilim. If anyone in Wellington is reading this: Kilim, Jackson Street, Petone. Go there.
 
 
 
 
It was a pretty perfect way to end the last week of my holiday. I've loved being a lady of leisure - I've done so much writing, sleeping in, going for walks, eating and hanging out with friends. I've also been super productive with my list of 10 things which I'll hopefully get posted this week. I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, although I have been missing my work friends.
 
The forecast today was for rain but so far it's looking pretty stunning, so I think I might take the cable car into town and visit Starbucks!
 
Have a beautiful day
Lola K xx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment