Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What's Cooking

It was my Granny's birthday the other day, so I put my thinking hat on and tried to come up with an idea for a present. Problem is, by the time you're in your seventies, you pretty much have everything you want/need. I bought her a couple of little handmade soaps from a market and some cute owl ornaments to satisfy her obsession with the little creatures, but I felt like I should do something else.
I was in a baking state of mind (which is not like me at all) and decided to try and make a ginger slice. Sifting through google (get it? Baking reference!) I discovered White Chocolate and Gingerbread Slice which made my tastebuds go into overdrive with anticipation!


I feel like I should point out that my baking can be summed up in one word: Disastrous. I used my great grandmother's wooden spoon, in the hopes she'd make sure her daughter's birthday slice turned out successfully :)


I don't know whether to credit the wooden spoon and divine intervention, the easy to follow recipe, or just luck that I was having a good day, but it worked out beautifully! Licking the bowl was a standout moment - it tastes like Christmas!!

 
Next time you feel like baking, I recommend trying this.
If you're into baking and want to recommend something for me to try, go ahead!
 
Lola K xx

2 comments:

  1. This is very yummy.*_*
    Invite you to my blog...maybe you like it???
    My Blog


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is super cute! Thanks for the invite - I'll definitely keep checking it :)

      Delete