Monday, October 1, 2012

Music Monday

Now that I'm stuffed full of Lola J's amazing cupcakes (she seriously makes the most delicious cupcakes in the world!) it's time for music! For me, music transcends things that are often considered barriers. Things like age, culture and language. I think it's a form of communication that everyone understands and I've formed friendships with people on the other side of the world all thanks to a love of the same band. While I do love a beautiful piano melody or a goosebump inducing guitar solo it's the lyrics of a song that really get me. I think songs are so often about fundamental experiences of the human condition - things like heartbreak, love, loss etc and it's such a gift for an artist to be able to connect with listeners all over the world through their language.

I guess connection is what it's all about, right?

Without further ado, here is my first music monday song. I love the descriptiveness of the lyrics and the chilled sound of the guitar...

 
Lola K xx



No comments:

Post a Comment