Sunday, September 23, 2012

Gratitude


Today was one of the most chaotic days of my entire life. Yesterday went by like a dream and I had a suspicion it was too good to be true! Every so often I get hit with the confronting reality that I'm an actual grown up. I have a grown up house and a grown up job which demands a lot of me at times. A wise woman once recommended I keep a joy journal - you keep it by your bed and every night before you go to sleep you write down five things you were grateful for that day. You get into the habit of it and begin to notice the small things as you look for things to write in your journal every day. It really got me out of a funk and I recommend it if you're feeling sad, angry, lost, or just stuck.
I have a lot to be thankful for this week, particularly today, and I thought I'd note it down here.

  • Pink masquerades
  • Sparkley sneakers
  • People who understand
  • Having my hand held in reassurance (literally and figuratively!)
  • Paper flowers
  • Words of wisdom from much more experienced people
  • The fact that my plane back from Sydney didn't crash (did I mention I hate flying?)
  • Margarita debriefs
  • Positive feedback from people who count
  • Cherry blossoms and magnolia trees!
  • Comfort food in the form of McDonalds
  • The ability to laugh on reflection
  • Friends who front up when you reach out
  • The fact that I don't cry in the face of adversity (otherwise today would've been a REAL shocker!)
I think it's important to reflect on a regular basis and remind yourself what you're thankful for, what's made you smile, who's had your back and what's kept you going that day. Life is hard. It's up to you to make it inspiring :)

Lola K xx

No comments:

Post a Comment